App Marketplace listing requirements
App listing submissions are manually reviewed by our App Partner team and will be rejected if they do not meet the criteria outlined below. Think of this as a checklist for your app—once it meets these requirements, you can log into your developer account and go to App Marketplace > Listings > Create listing to start building your listing.
Not sure what content you’ll need? Here’s a step-by-step look at what’s in the listing flow.
- OAuth: Your app must use OAuth as its sole authorization method. Learn more about working with OAuth.
- Installs: Your app must have at least three active, unique installs. You won’t be able to submit your app listing without this.
- Webhooks: Your app must use webhooks to support privacy-compliant contact deletions. Note: OAuth is required to access the Webhooks API.
- Scopes: You must only request scopes your app needs. (Apps that do this tend to have better conversion rates.) Review your scopes and make sure you’re not asking for unnecessary access.
- Terms: You must review and agree to the terms in our HubSpot App Partner Program Agreement. This protects you, HubSpot, and our shared customers. You won’t be able to submit your app listing without completing this step.
- Your app and its associated collateral (documentation, landing pages, etc.) must meet HubSpot’s Brand Guidelines.
- Your app and its associated collateral (documentation, landing pages, etc.) must not infringe HubSpot’s Trademark Usage Guidelines.
Once you’ve met the minimum requirements, it’s time to submit your app listing. You must completely and accurate fill out all information. These fields are particularly important:
- A link to a step-by-step guide for integrating your app. You cannot simply link to your homepage—the URL must contain a subdomain/subdirectory.
- URLs for your app’s set-up and support documentation must be live, up-to-date, and publicly available. (No paywalls or sign-in required.)
- All URL fields have a limit of 250 characters.
- “Shared data,” which lets users know how information will flow between your app and HubSpot, must be accurate and up-to-date.
- People want to know what, where, and how data is shared between your app and HubSpot. You can include specific sets of properties, objects, and other items in your list of shared data.
- At least one pricing plan for your app
- At least one support contact method
Review, feedback, and approval
Once you submit your listing, our team will complete an initial review within ten business days. If any of the information provided is incorrect, misleading, or incomplete, we’ll contact you with that feedback. As stated in the App Marketplace Terms, we reserve the right to un-publish or refuse publication of your app listing at any time.
Should your app be accepted into the App Marketplace, it will be listed for a maximum of 12 months. After that, your listing must be resubmitted for review and renewal. We’ll reach out with renewal information and next steps 60 days before your listing is set to expire.
Rewards for Listed App Partners
- Dedicated HubSpot App Marketplace listing
- Priority access to developer support through a dedicated support alias
- Developer community resources, including webinars, forums, and more
- Curated marketing resources, including PR templates and launch guides
- Discounted INBOUND event sponsorship, booths, and tickets
- Discounted software through the HubSpot for Startups seed-stage program
- Monthly newsletter with marketing updates, product releases, and more
Have a question we haven’t answered here?
Try one of these pages: