- This article is for Calling App Marketplace Partners and Solutions Partners.
- This functionality is currently in development. It is subject to change based on testing and feedback. To provide feedback, contact email@example.com. By using these instructions you agree to adhere to HubSpot's Developer Terms & HubSpot's Developer Beta Terms.
- Learn how to ungate your account for this beta here.
With the introduction of inbound calling in the Calling SDK, calling apps that are using HubSpot's SDK or who can move the Calling SDK integration, can now enable the Incoming Calls feature within HubSpot. When you receive and answer inbound calls using your calling app in HubSpot, you can easily access records without the need to go back into your calling app. Inbound calls save to the Call Index Page once the call is answered for easy access to take real-time notes and review the call after it ends.
For npm, run:
- Via the
- Via the
callCompleted, in the same way it is done for outgoing calls.
- If you’ve set
createEngagementto true, you can subscribe to
onCreateEngagementFailed. It is recommend you do this so that you can enable your calling app to support custom objects. This will allow future integration into other areas of HubSpot.
- You will be able to subscribe to
onCalledIdMatchFailed. This will enable you to receive contact matching data for the incoming call that previously had to be obtained via the Search API, and will solve its rate limitations.
Once the call engagement is created, HubSpot will redirect to the contact page specified in the
navigateToRecord payload and will sync with the SDK in the
onReady event. You'll need to re-initialize the SDK using the engagement ID and show an incoming call within the iframe.
Before logging in to your calling app, you will need to select the provider from your call settings:
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, click General. Then, click the Calling tab at the top.
- Click the Receive calls through dropdown menu, then select your calling app.
Once the preferred provider is selected, incoming calls will only be received through the selected provider. HubSpot will not support receiving incoming calls from multiple providers in this version.
If you wish to change the provider for receiving calls, you will have to go back to your call settings to make the change.
- Log in to your calling app through the call widget in HubSpot. The call widget can be accessed on the main navigation bar.
- Set availability to enable HubSpot to start receiving calls.
- Answer inbound calls from the call remote.
Once the call is completed, the inbound call gets logged in the Call Index page. Missed calls will also get logged here.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.