API developer guides & resources
HubSpot's APIs, which you can find the reference documentation here, allow you to build a functional app or integration quickly and easily. Here's an overview of what you'll need to use them.
Before HubSpot users can start installing your app, you'll need to get set up in your developer account. From there, you can create an app, configure OAuth, and create a test environment. Start building now.
Most HubSpot API endpoints support both OAuth and API keys.
Please note: starting November 30, 2022, HubSpot API keys will no longer be able to be used as an authentication method to access HubSpot APIs. In addition, starting July 15, 2022, accounts without a HubSpot API key already generated will no longer be able to create one.
- If you want to list your app in the HubSpot App Marketplace or have multiple users install it, you must use OAuth.
- If you're building a private app, you can make calls using your app's access token, which also implements OAuth.
Usage and limits
Learn about our usage guidelines, rate limits, and how to check your API call usage.
App Partners and the App Marketplace
Learn to use APIs and build apps on HubSpot Academy
Learn more about the HubSpot APIs, developer accounts, and how to start making calls using both OAuth and API keys with these short (and free!) HubSpot Academy videos.
- Create a developer account
- Use a test account to install your app and test API calls
- Stay up-to-date by subscribing to the Changelog
- Join the conversation or ask questions in HubSpot’s developer community forums
- Become a member of our developer Slack community