Add categories to a module
Add categories to modules to organize them into groups within the content editor UI. This enables content creators to find modules more easily while building content in HubSpot. Uncategorized modules will still be available in the content editor, but will appear under an All category.
Note that categories are separate from tags, as tags are used to organize modules within the design manager.
Below, learn how to add categories to a module using the CLI or design manager.
- Each module can have up to three categories. These categories are pre-defined and cannot be customized.
- Currently, categories will not be surfaced in the content editor UI. However, these steps should be taken to prepare your modules for when categorization is available for content creators.
- When submitting a module to the template marketplace, the module must have at least one category. Modules submitted as part of a theme are not required to have categories, but it's best practice to include at least one.
To add categories to a module locally using the CLI, you'll need to update the module's
meta.json file to add a
categories array containing up to three of the following categories (case-insensitive):
text: modules that contain only text.
commerce: modules that are commerce-specific, such as pricing cards.
design: modules that affect content structure or layout, such as accordions.
functionality: modules that include dynamic responses on the page or include specific behavior, such as a menu.
forms_and_buttons: modules that allow site visitors to input and submit information.
body_content: modules that are formatted to graphically showcase content, such as an image gallery.
media: modules that contain elements such as images, icons, video, and banners.
blog: blog-specific modules, such as a recent post listing.
social: social media-specific modules, such as social sharing.
To add categories to a module in the design manager:
- In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketing > Files and Templates > Design Tools.
- In the left sidebar, select the module you want to update.
- In the right sidebar of the module editor, locate the Filter tags section, then use the Categories dropdown menu to select your categories.
- After selecting the module categories, click Publish in the upper right to save your changes.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.