Custom Quote Templates
In the sales process, a sales rep creates a deal, then the sales rep creates a quote associated with that deal. The sales rep sends the quote URL or PDF to a prospect. The prospect then accepts or declines the quote. In some cases payment is exchanged right away, in some cases an e-signature is used.
Requires Sales Hub Pro or Enterprise
CMS Starter+ or Marketing Hub Pro +
During the quote creation process the sales rep selects a customized quote template from a list that includes HubSpot created default templates and any custom quote templates in the account's developer file system.
Custom quote templates are built using the same underlying systems that CMS Hub uses. Due to the specific use-case of quotes there are key differences between how quotes work from the way website/landing pages, and email templates work.
Important differences from CMS templates:
- More data is available to the template that is restricted for other template types.
- Quote related data and deal related data is available to a quote template.
- Contact data for quote recipients is available to the template.
- There is not currently a drag and drop editor for building quote templates. Instead, there is a module-based editor for customizing or hiding the modules that are already in a template.
Because more data is available to quote templates without requiring password protection. You should take care to only expose information that is truly required for the purpose of the quote.
Notable Similarities between CMS templates and quote templates:
- Your domain level settings apply to quotes. This means, head/footer code etc. You can disable domain stylesheets using template annotations.
- Make it easy to update the content of a quote using custom modules and their fields.
- HubL - most of HubL's functionality works on quote templates. From functions, filters, if conditions and imports to includes.
Quotes are web pages. The same CSS you would use to optimize a web page for printing can be used to provide a good PDF or printing experience for your custom quote.
If you'd like to print we suggest using the download module (
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.