Custom quote templates
- Professional or Enterprise
In the sales process, a sales rep creates a deal, then the sales rep creates a quote associated with that deal. The sales rep sends the quote URL or PDF to a prospect. The prospect then accepts or declines the quote. In some cases payment is exchanged right away, in some cases an e-signature is used.
Please note: you can create custom quote themes and templates with any HubSpot subscription, including CMS Free, but an account will need Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise to use those templates for their quotes.
Custom quote templates are built using the same underlying systems that other types of templates use. For example:
- Domain-level settings apply to quotes, including head and footer HTML and domain stylesheets. You can disable domain stylesheets using template annotations.
- Most of HubL's functionality works on quote templates, including functions, filters, if conditions, imports, and includes.
Due to the specific use-case of quotes, however, there are some key differences between how quotes work from the way page and email templates work:
- More data is available to the quote template that is restricted for other template types. For example, quote and deal-related data is available to a quote template. You can also include contact data for quote recipients in a quote template.
- There is not currently a drag and drop editor for building quote templates. Instead, there is a module-based editor for customizing or hiding the modules that are already in a template.
Because more data is available to quote templates without requiring password protection. You should take care to only expose information that is truly required for the purpose of the quote.
Because quotes are web pages, you can use the same CSS you would use to optimize a web page for printing to provide a formatted PDF or print version of a custom quote template.
Thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to us.