HubSpot Asset Marketplace Overview and Requirements
The HubSpot Marketplace has a lot to offer developers or agencies who are looking to create a new revenue stream.
- Non-exclusive: You’ve worked hard at creating your assets. You shouldn’t be tied down to only having your asset on our marketplace and nowhere else. You’re free to use your assets outside of the marketplace for your own projects as well.
- Build once, sell multiple times: Once your asset is listed on the marketplace, it becomes a 1:many opportunity. You simply build your asset once and it can be resold to multiple customers.
- Grow your business: Many of the developers who sell their assets (both free and paid) on our marketplace have seen their businesses grow both from marketplace revenue and from additional services requested by buyers.
Developers can sell themes, modules, and coded email templates. All assets must adhere to the compliance, design, and code quality requirements. Each asset type also have their own requirements that must be met in order to be listed in the marketplace. You can view the requirements for these assets below.
Note: Before you begin creating assets for the marketplace, HubSpot strongly recommends reviewing our Trademark Usage and Content Usage Guidelines. Assets that violate these guidelines will immediately be removed from the marketplace as described in Section 4 (Disclaimers) of the Compliance, Design, and Code Quality requirements.
Website, Landing Page, and Blog Templates
Once you have created your Asset Marketplace provider account and your assets are ready to be submitted to the marketplace. The following illustrates the process on how you can submit your assets to the marketplace. In the example below, we will be listing a module asset type.
- Create your assets (or using local development upload your assets) in the design manager of the Asset Marketplace provider account you created.
- From the top menu navigation go to Asset Marketplace > Provider Info and enabled your account. You will then be shown a section where you can fill in your provider info.
- Once your provider info is filled out, from the top menu navigation, go to Asset Marketplace > Listings to access your product listing dashboard. This is where you will manage you marketplace listings.
- From the listings dashboard, click the Create a product listing button and choose your asset type that you are listing (this should match the asset you created in step 1).
- Select your asset (in this example a module) from the product list as shown below and proceed to the description step in the process.
- In the description step you will fill in the information about your asset including: Name, Price, Quick Description, Full Description, Live Example Link, and Documentation Link. Once completed, move to the tags step.
Note: If an asset is listed as $0.00, you cannot switch this to a paid asset in the future.
- In the tags step you can assign tags (each asset type has different tag options such as: features, industry and functions) that are related to your asset. These tags can help potential buyers find the asset easier when filtering in the marketplace. Tag options are pre-defined by HubSpot. You can then proceed to the images step.
- In the images step, you will assign an image to the listing (which shows when searching in the marketplace) and a product details image (which shows on your product detail page). Once done, you can proceed to the final preview step.
- In the preview step, you can review all of the information for the final product listing. If everything looks as intended, you can submit your asset for your review by our marketplace team.
Our marketplace team reviews assets in order from oldest to newest submission. Most marketplace assets are reviewed within two weeks; however, this can vary depending on the volume of submissions and the complexity of the asset. Please note that we are not able to provide information on your current asset's place in the queue.
Upon your submission to the marketplace, our system performs automated checks on the listing to ensure that general requirements are met. If issues arise during this process, a modal will appear informing you of the issues with your asset. You can then make the necessary changes and re-submit.
Once your submission passes the automated checks, it will then be added to our queue for the marketplace team to review. We will review the code, functionality, and included assets (such as images, scripts, and more) that are related to your submission. If your submission is approved, an email will be sent to the address listed in your “Provider Info” that your listing has been approved and it will be listed in our Marketplace. If your submission is rejected, you will receive communications from the marketplace team with additional information on why and what needs to be corrected.
Note: Resubmitting your asset (either fixing issues from previous rejections or resubmitting while your asset is still in a pending state) will move your asset to the bottom of the queue.
While selling your assets, you may run into the occasional request from a purchaser for a refund. HubSpot recommends clearly stating your refund policy in a listing's description and providing a link to documentation about your refund policy. HubSpot encourages providers to honor valid refund requests. Learn more about general guidelines for refund requests.
There are two different HubSpot accounts that allow for Marketplace submission: a Partner account, or a Marketplace provider account. We're unable to add provider functionality to any other type of HubSpot account.
Some partners manage their Marketplace listings in their Partner account to use the assets in the same account. Other partners manage their listings in a separate Marketplace account to keep the assets separate from other assets in their design manager tool.
Products submitted to or published in the Marketplace live in the HubSpot Marketplace system. This ensures that providers can continue to edit them in their own account without the changes affecting customers’ purchases. To update a Marketplace listing, a provider must resubmit the listing so it can be reviewed and republished.
Customers who have purchased previous versions of a product in a listing can update to the latest version free of charge.
Possible reasons you may not see a product when trying to create a listing include:
- The asset is currently listed in the marketplace or contains elements from a currently listed asset.
- The asset isn't supported in the Marketplace (transactional emails, ticket emails, etc.)
- The asset is a clone of an asset from the Marketplace.
When creating preview URLs you must use your own domain name if available. If you don't have a domain that is available to use, HubSpot provides each account with a system domain in the following URL structure:
Note: We will no longer be supporting asset previews that are using the
To create a preview link for emails, it's recommended to create a draft email in HubSpot and enable the web version. With this setting enabled, you can customize the URL for the web version of your email and use it as a preview link.
Yes, a single template can be used in multiple packs. A common example of when a template may be used in multiple packs is if a provider offers a Starter and Premium version of the same pack.
Although all templates must be approved for a pack to be published, a provider can select unpublished templates to submit together with a pack.
Yes. Upon submission to the Marketplace, the system takes a snapshot of the product. In order to update the product in the system, the listing must be resubmitted.
To adjust the price of a submitted product, you must resubmit it to the Marketplace with updated information.
Payments are received through the payment method that you've connected in your Marketplace Provider Profile. In your HubSpot account, navigate to Marketplace > Provider Info. In the Payment Method section, view or update your payment information.
HubSpot doesn’t take a cut of any transactions, and all transactions are handled independently of the HubSpot platform.