Access will be granted for 60 days to define custom objects. If scopes are not utilized, access to scopes will be removed.
Ready to build? Request access to define Custom Objects via your public OAuth App
Who should request access?
If you are building an app that could benefit by creating custom objects in multiple accounts, please submit a request. You will need access if you intend to list your public app in the HubSpot App Marketplace.
*Custom objects can only be defined via your public OAuth app for customers with at least one of the Enterprise subscription plans.
Who should not request access?
Users who are building an app for use on a single HubSpot account and customers with Super Admin privileges in an Enterprise account who do not wish to develop an app. Not sure and want to learn more about available solutions?
- Learn more about building an app for use on a single HubSpot account through private apps.
- Learn more about our new create a custom object (BETA) feature, where you can define a custom object in the UI without code.
Why do I need to request access to create custom objects using OAuth for my public app?
Custom objects can have a big impact on customer accounts and their data. At this time, an account with at least one Enterprise subscription plan can have a maximum of 10 custom objects defined. With this in mind, HubSpot is closely monitoring the implementation of new multi-account objects.
*Custom Object limit increases available for purchase to define more objects and store more records across all of your custom objects in HubSpot in the HubSpot's Products and Services Catalog.
How do I submit my application?
Fill out the form below. HubSpot's Product team will review your submission and contact you with the next steps. The timeline for this process will depend on request volume.
Note that acceptance to gain access is subject to approval by HubSpot and is not guaranteed. HubSpot reserves the right to accept or reject any applications based solely on our own criteria and judgment. Use of the Custom Objects API is subject to HubSpot's Developer Terms and Acceptable Use Policy.
Some functionality of HubSpot’s client libraries may not be compatible with the features of this program. You may encounter an Authentication credentials not found error when trying to define a custom object schema with the Node client library. In this instance, you should create the object using an OAuth token and build the POST request manually. For more information on defining a new object schema please click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
We see value in creating custom objects for solutions HubSpot has not solved with standard objects. Cars, appointments, documents, registrations, applications, and unique product types are just a few examples.
Here is a guided example of defining a car object for a car dealership called CarSpot. Try it yourself!
There is a finite set of HubSpot standard objects; you have the tools and vision to expand this list for customers. Custom objects allow customers to unlock the tremendous power of the HubSpot platform for their teams by storing other types of data in HubSpot, much like we store information about contacts, companies, deals, and tickets.
As a developer, you can build custom objects that more closely align with customer needs, potentially unlock a new market, or integrate platforms with more parity using a public app.
- Custom objects are only available to customers with at least one of the Enterprise subscription plans.
- An account with at least one Enterprise subscription plan can have a maximum of 10 custom objects defined.
- You may define up to 10 properties that can uniquely identify a record. HubSpot will enforce the uniqueness of records by the properties you define on your behalf. We usually recommend including at least one such property.
- Some functionality of our client libraries may not be compatible with the features of this beta or pilot program. For more information on HubSpot’s client libraries please click here.
- Custom objects do not support the following, including but not limited to:
- Timeline API does not support custom objects
- Webhooks API cannot be used with custom objects
- Custom objects do not have support in personalization tokens at this time
- Playbooks do not yet have support for custom objects
- You can only associate your custom object with standard HubSpot objects (e.g. contact, company, deal, or ticket) or other custom objects.
Custom object schemas for customers must be defined in the first 60 days.
- Introducing Custom Objects for HubSpot
- Use custom objects
- 6 Custom Object Solutions Podcast
- Data in HubSpot: Custom Objects and Other Tools HubSpot Academy course
- HubSpot Custom Objects API reference
Building custom objects using an app integration:
- What's Best for my HubSpot Integration? Choosing Private vs. Public HubSpot Apps
- Developer blog and workshop: Essentials for Getting Started with Custom Objects
- How to Build a Custom Object Using Private Apps
- Building A Custom Object Schema using private app authentication and Postman. As part of a Developer Bytes series on YouTube.