Announcing the public beta of the next version of Custom Workflow Actions
In September of 2018, we released the initial version of our Workflow Extensions. Since then, we’ve been thrilled to see all the great custom workflow actions that have been built.
Today we’re announcing the public beta of the next version of these capabilities, which we’re calling Custom Workflow Actions. This new version conforms to the API design standards we talked about earlier this year, and offers the following benefits:
- Custom Action: Define an action that can be executed in a workflow
- Workflow Action Panel Listing: Action shows up with your given name and icon
- Integrated Marketplace: Extensions made public through the Marketplace will show up in the “Connect an app” tab within workflows to allow users to find and auth in from the workflows app (similar to the Asana app)
- Webhookless Action Configuration: Configure action without having to paste webhook URL
- Field definition: Fill out fields with options that are returned by your API
- Webhook Payloads: Customizable webhook payloads & requests
- Field dependency: Support for showing or hiding fields necessary field
- “Blocking” Actions: to be used if you want your action to block workflow execution until completed
- Versioning: Always show the latest version
- HubSpot Object Compatibility: Custom actions are compatible in all object types (contacts, companies, deals, tickets, quotes, custom objects, and new objects going forward…)
- Internationalization: You can define all of the user-facing copy for your action in multiple languages
UPCOMING: Custom Log Messages: Customize success/error messages on the history page
Please let us know if you have any questions by joining the discussion in the community.